How many exams are there in CCNP Security Certification?
How many exams do I have to pass to get CCNP Security certification, and what are the pre-requisites to appear for the exams? Is it mandatory to pass CCNA R&S and CCNA Security Certification exams first to get CCNP Security Certification? If yes, what is the exam cost of CCNA Security and CCNA R&S Exams?
So your aim is to pass CCNP Security Exams and become a CCNP Security Certified professional.
Its very clear from Cisco that one needs to pass CCNA R&S and CCNA Security Exams before you go for CCNP Security exams and Certifications.
Once you are done with CCNA R&S and CCNA Security Certification exams, then you can go for 4 exams of CCNP Security one by one.
CCNP Security has 4 modules/exams and are as follows:
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS 300-206)
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS 300-208)
- Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS 300-209)
- Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS 300-210)
Exam Cost to get CCNP Security Certified:
- CCNA R&S Certification Exam 200-125 Cost: 325 USD
- CCNA Security Exam 210-260 Cost: 300 USD
- CCNP Security Exam Cost: 300 USD/Exam, i.e. 300x4 = 1200 USD
So total cost you will have to bear to get CCNP Security Certification will be 1825 USD, which is too much money.
Take my advise here. Instead of going for all these exams and that too to get a professional level Cisco Certification, go for CCIE Security exams directly. It takes lot of hard work and patience, but save your money and raise the bar. Aim for expert level certification. Once you have CCIE Security Certification along with 5 digit magic number on your resume and that killing knowledge of Cisco Network Security technologies (Next generation Firewall, IPS technologies including Cisco's latest merge SourceFire and more), your career growth will be all time high. You will be seen as elite Network Security Marshal of your company and you will get way better and bigger respect from your company's clients and managers. You will see your life changing and all of this is possible only and only with CCIE Certification, not just CCNP Security cert in your bag. Thanks for reading!
There are 4 exams to pass for becoming CCNP Security certified professional and yes, it's true that you must pass CCNA R&S and CCNA Security first to become eligible for attempting CCNP Security certification exam.
The valid CCNA Security certification is the only prerequisite to attempt CCNP Security certification but for CCNA Security you need CCNA R&S which makes you clear both the exams.
The cost for all the exams will cost you 1825 USD,
- CCNA R&S --- 325 USD
- CCNA Security --- 300 USD
- CCNP Security --- 300 USD/ module = 1200 USD in total
Passing Cisco exams is tough and these chains of prerequisites make Cisco exams even harder to attempt.
But as we all know very well that Cisco keeps updating its certification according to new market trends keeping its certification aspirants in mind.
So, recently Cisco updated us with few changes to its certification exams. From 24th of Feb 2020, you don’t have to pass all these bunch of Cisco exams just to become a CCNP Security certified. In fact, it's applicable to all Cisco professional-level certification exams.
Now just pay for the exam which you are willing to attempt.
For example, if you wish to become CCNP Security certified you just have to clear CCNP Security two exams,
- The core exam - 300-701 SCOR
- The concentration exam - (300-710 SNCF, 300-715 SISE, 300-720 SESA, 300-725 SWSA, 300-730 SVPN and 300-735 SAUTO) pass anyone to become certified.
Isn't it simple now?
To know more about such changes in CCNP certification exam, check this blog - https://blog.networkbulls.com/cisco-unleashes-new-ccnp-certifications-with-advanced--capabilities
Everyone is still waiting for Cisco to announce certification cost and these exams to be live. Till then keep in touch with Network Bulls for more new updates from Cisco - 1800-313-2545.
The Cisco certification updates will go live soon, so I guess my answer is going to be different from the rest.
In the new Cisco CCNP Security Certification exams, we are not bound to pass the 4 modules each in order to be certified. Infact, passing only two exams of your choice is enough making you hold CCNP Security credential.
- The Qualifying/Core Exam - 350-701 SCOR
- The Concentration Exam - (300-710/715/720/725/730/735) - Attempt any one of the choices.
Or reach them on this toll-free number - 1800-313-2545.
I must say Ranveer's’ answer is well-explained and after reading it I am clear that how many exams an aspirant has to face to become a CCNP Certified and what it will cost to them.
I also liked that we have a better solution i.e CCNP Enterprise which is notified in the answer and for sure, I will prepare for it if I ever think of taking the Cisco certification exam.
- How can you guarantee a job for students who has no experience in Networking field?
- How to configure VPN between Cisco Router and ASA Firewall?
- How to configure RIPV2 with no auto summary?
- How to configure PAT (Port Address Translation)?
- How to configure Default Routing on Cisco Routers?
- What is the scope of CCNA course in India?
- What is scope of CCIE?
- How to remember 7 layers of OSI Model?
- How much salary can we get after doing CCNA course in Delhi Gurgaon?
- How many CCIE’s are there worldwide?
- Is it possible to pass CCIE Certification in 1st attempt?